Slime is some permutation of play dough and snot. The texture is fairly thick, but gooey and kids love weaving their fingers in, around and through it.
It is fairly easy to make and while there are lots of recipes out there, don't be fooled - Borax is essential. But as this can irritate or even burn the lining of the skin, parental supervision is necessary!
- 1/2 cup of glue (we used what we had on hand, but glitter glue and clear glue work well too)
- 1/2 cup of liquid starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons of Borax
- plastic spoon
- food coloring, paint or even eye shadow for coloring [optional]
- Using the plastic spoon, mix glue and water in a bowl being sure to combine thoroughly
- Add liquid starch
- Add coloring if desired
- Slowly pour in 1 tablespoon of Borax (remember not to touch Borax with your hands)
- If that is not sufficient to thicken the ingredients, add another tablespoon of Borax
- When the mixture is thoroughly combined, the kids can use their hands to work the slime (the more you work it, the gooier it becomes)
- Clean up and brace yourself for squeals of delight
Happy slime making!